The M-Wek Company are committed to protecting your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act, and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We value your privacy and process your personal data as outlined in this notice and is only used for providing recruitment or related to our clients and candidates.
We collect personal information in the following ways
- Directly from you through verbal, written, emails, CV or job application
- Social media: LinkedIn for example
- Our Database – which you will have provided
- Other candidates and clients
- News Sites and Other websites
Use of personal information
We process personal information to provide a detailed service to our clients and candidates. The data may be provided to us by you directly and/or collected from a lawful source. Personal data added to our secure database may include any of the following:
- Name, email address, postal address, telephone numbers and any other contact details.
- Job history, job titles, details of toles and companies
- Personal and professional skills and experience
- Educational history
- Personal qualifications
- Current employment circumstances
- Preferences for new roles/jobs
- Sensitive Personal Data (see below)
- Other information you may have advised us verbally and/or in writing.
As a client (company hiring) our collection of information on you is to keep contact with you and provide our services for your requirements
As a candidate (person interested in a new role) our collection of personal information is to maintain contact with you to provide us understanding of the roles you are seeking for any of our clients.
Sensitive Persona Data (SPD) includes information about your health, criminal convictions, allegations, racial origin, ethnic origin, religious views, sexual orientation, persons’ sex life, political opinions, trade union membership. We understand and acknowledge that this data is sensitive and will normally only process it with your consent – unless they do not comply to legal, industry-specific requirements or safety.
How personal data is used
We process personal data to conduct the following:
- Provide a professional Recruitment service to you.
- to have a business relationship
- to answer queries and questions
- to have a contract in place
- to contact us to help with hiring
- to contact us for a role
- to have our own accounts, records and to support our team
- to respond to complaints
- to review our data and provide statistics to help clients and candidates
How long we keep the information
We keep your personal data no longer than reasonably necessary for the purpose for which is it provided. We only keep data for longer is authorised by you or it we are required to do so by law.
All the personal data is received in the UK by our employees. The M-Wek Company do not trade, sell or share your personal data for the use by any third party unless we have been authorised by you or are required by law to do so. Please be aware however that your data may be stored on a cloud-based system or on servers based outside the UK but within the EU. We may be required by law to share certain personal data with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), the Employment Agency Standards or other government agencies.
As a client: we will not share your personal data only when required for us to perform a contract with a candidate.
As a candidate: we will share your CV with our clients for appropriate roles, we will share personal data to perform a contract with a client.
Sharing Information Globally
The M-Wek Company recruitment team work across the Globe, therefore CV and personal data will be sent outside the EEA which we will have been notified of.
While we have your data, you have the right to
- Request access to the personal data we hold on you
- Request removal of your personal data
- Request inaccurate data held removed or corrected
- If personal data is held on your consent, you are able to withdraw that consent
- Request that your personal data is shared with a third party
The M-Wek Company are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in placed procedures and technologies to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Your Legal Rights:
If at any point you wish to see, correct or delete information that we hold about you, please do so by writing/contacting us.